Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bowers says to prepare to meet your maker!

Have you ever received those solicitations that tell you to prepare for your retirement, financial planning, advice on wills and power of attorney, long-term care and offers of prepaid burial plans. They have pictures of “happy smiling seniors” being  coddled by gentle caregivers and beautiful flowered views of a cemetary.

<laughing so hard I can barely see.>

I get this stuff from the AARP almost daily. I’ve been a member for aahh lets just say quite a few years. Another milestone on the 10th of September in case anyone wants to send money.

No “fancy shmancy” for Mayor Attorney David Bowers. No sir, he calls his talk “Gloom and Doom” and “Meet Your Maker.” <out of control now with tears streaming down my face.>

All I can do now is post a scan of what I received by way of Countryside Neighborhood Alliance in the mail Monday. For having a bad day/month/year this sure did break the tension. I can face anything even the Countryside property plans with a smile on my face Tuesday.

Oh, I think I’ll pick a better moment with the Countryside members to ask if they’d like to have this “talk.” Now might not be a good time.

PS: No city $$$ was used in his mailing.

Prepare to Meet Your Maker!

Categories: Business, Commentary, Community

Tags: , ,

Bill McClure

August 31st, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Ha Ha! This is the funniest thing ever!

Val

September 1st, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Bill, this is definitely another way to “go” literally.

Those that rag on him just don’t get that this is just what makes him a mayor of the masses.

in the noke

September 1st, 2010 at 9:33 PM

i’d love mayor bowers come to my neighborhood association meeting. particulary speaking for the full 1-hour to direct questions related to what he’s going to do in cooperation with other council membors on solving our cities crime problems.

then to sign a contract that he’s going to uphold his statements as certified truth.

that should be legal enough,eh?

Val

September 1st, 2010 at 10:08 PM

That will be the day an attorney or politician signs a “contract with Roanoke” or as Newt said “contract with America.”

It would have to go to a commission and sub-committee to never be seen again.

Sherrye Lantz

September 2nd, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Ah Roanoke, have to say I needed a laugh today, and this is it. Yet the laughter is a bit sardonic when placed in the larger context!

[…] Roanoke Times Mason Adams reports on the flier that went out to neighborhood and civic groups.  I posted it here on Tuesday. It was received […]

Roanoke Free Press » Mayor apologizes for flier

September 13th, 2010 at 4:29 PM

[…] In a hand written duplicated note Mayor David Bowers sent a note to civic organizations for the use of his title as “Mayor” in his flier. Accompanying the hand written note was the same flier minus “Mayor.” See the original flier HERE. […]