Monday, February 20, 2017
Governor Terry McAuliffe
House Bill 1582 reflects an incomplete understanding of weapons qualification practices within our military and is an unwarranted expansion in the number of people allowed to carry handguns in the Commonwealth. It would do nothing to protect the safety of our citizens.
It would allow any person 18 years of age or older and on active military duty or honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces or the Virginia National Guard who has completed basic training to apply for a concealed handgun permit.
Contrary to the assumption of House Bill 1582, weapons familiarization training as a component of an individual’s military basic training does not qualify that
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Signing of offshore drilling bills
Governor McDonnell signs HB787 and HB756, legislation to allow for offshore oil and natural gas exploration, production and development as well as allocate 80% of future offshore royalties and revenues to transportation and the remaining 20% to the Virginia Coastal Energy Research Consortium, today, Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Other attendees included (L to R):
1st Row: Secretary of Natural Resources Doug Domenech, Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling, Governor Bob McDonnell, Delegate Ron Villanueva, Delegate Chris Stolle, Senator John Watkins
2nd Row: Delegate Matthew James, Delegate Onzlee Ware, Delegate Charles Poindexter, Delegate Barbara Comstock
Delegate Onzlee Ware (D-11) and Bill Cleaveland (R-17) voted for these bills while Senator John Edwards (D-21) voted against both bills.
HB 787 Offshore energy resources; production & development permitted 50 miles off Atlantic
HB 756 Offshore drilling; royalties to be deposited in Transportation Trust Fund, etc.
Posted By Valerie Garner
Categories: Politics, State Politics
Tags: Edwards, environment, governor, house_of_delegates, legislators, Onzlee_Ware